Monday, June 16, 2008

Was that a big catfish?

So Allen and I went on a bike ride around our neighborhood tonight. There's this little creek that runs through the area and a nice bike/walking trail that winds around. Well, as we passed over part of the creek, I saw something moving through the water. I hollered back at Allen, "did you see that in the water? Was that a big catfish?!" Now keep in mind this is barely a creek....there was only water at the one end where we crossed--about 2 feet deep maybe--and the rest of it was dried up. Anyway, being the curious monkeys we are, we turned around to go check it out...we stared in the water for a while trying to find what I had seen and finally Allen says, "is that a BEAVER!?" He poked in the water with a stick and out from the culvert came a creature....a beaver! Does this surprise anyone else? I don't think I've ever seen a beaver before that one....weird.

No comments:

Contributors